Writing Fun and Being an Editor

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bonjour.

So I figured I would start out by introducing you all to my to-be-novel Conversion if I ever get it started. I do have it started, but I just can't get the time to write it. Since well I'm also the editor of my school's paper and an officer in a bunch of clubs. But back to Conversions, you can see the actual summary on the story page. But here's the quick outline.

1. The main characters names are as followed: Lynette, Wuther and Wuther's Daughter, Kiki.
2. Lynette is a teacher, and went to high school with Wuther and is in love with him.
3. Wuther is a park ranger and something else put i'm not going to say it.
4. Kiki isn't a normal 6 year old, and she's home schooled at the current moment
5. Wuther's brother Rhys is evil, and is the "villian"
6. There are a whole lot of more "minor-minor" characters, like brothers and sisters and cousins and aunts and uncles and more.
7. Lynette eventually sees Wuther again after moving back to Plancey (the small town)
8. Thats about it basically, except I don't really want to go into much more detail right now...

Yes this novel-to-be is Paranormal I suppose.... I'm not sure just yet. But there is romance, action, mystery and other stuff involved in my mind right now. I've had this story in my head after a dream at the end of sophomore year, so yes I've had a lot of thoughts about it since then.


The other thing I mentioned up there about being the Editor for my school's paper yah here's a few things that aggravates me:
1. PEOPLE NOT GETTING THEIR ARTICLES IN ON TIME. I mean I'm still waiting for one, and it's been past due for about a week. Thank god the paper isn't due till the end of this week... And it's on dress code and the advisor wants to publish it.
2. People not proof reading.
3. People not even caring about what they write.
4. Including "I" in an article written by two people! Really "we" should be used. And basically I don't think "we" should be used at all because articles most of the time shouldn't be from your perspective.
5. Writing in fragmented sentences in an article (but yah this is practically fragmented sentences here in this post but in a real newspaper you don't see them).

This ended up as a rant but you other editors know the feeling...

So Ta Ta For Now,
Andrea

P.S. If you watch Glee, I guessed it! I've always seen something different in that football player.

2 Troubles:

Unknown said...

Lol, this was interesting.

Anonymous said...

Your story sounds really interesting...it's funny, but as you write the story, you're going to lean new things about your characters!

Post a Comment